Die beste Location der Maremma – Toscana
Poggio alla Rocca
Ein Aufenthalt im Poggio alla Rocca bedeutet, den Blick schweifen zu lassen – von den Hügeln Sienas bis nach Montalcino, vom Orcia-Tal bis zum Monte Amiata und noch weiter bis hin zu den Niederungen der Maremma.
Genießen Sie die unverfälschte Natur, den mit Sternen übersäten Himmel und entdecken Sie die wohltuende Wirkung des Thermalbads Petriolo, nur 5 Kilometer von uns entfernt.
Schon vor langer, langer Zeit träumten die Kinder von der Festung Monte Acuto und richteten ihren Blick mit Bewunderung nach oben, zu diesen mysteriösen Ruinen. Schon die Großeltern erzählten, dass dort oben, unter dem großen Torbogen, eine goldene Henne mit ihren goldenen Küken sitzt…. In der Tat erzählt die Sage: „Es war einmal ein mächtiger König, der in der Toskana herrschte und seinen Goldschmieden befahl, eine goldene Henne mit vielen goldenen Küken anzufertigen, um dem König Ehre zu erweisen und zu zeigen, dass dieser auch über die Natur herrsche. Das Kunstwerk war wunderschön, aber als die Barbaren nach dem Tode des Königs das Land überrannten, haben sie es gestohlen und unter der Rocca von Monte Acuto versteckt!“
- We had a great few days in Poggio alla Rocca. Upon arrival the first thing that strikes you is the incredible panorama of the rolling Tuscan hills and distant mountains. The whole property is designed perfectly to make the most of this view with a spotless Terrace and Infinity Pool. There is plenty of space even when all the apartments are full, with plenty of comfortable chairs, loungers etc. The hosts were very approachable and helpful and provided a very attentive service including serving coffee by the pool and providing bottles of home-produced wine. The apartment was comfortable and well furnished, but this almost seems secondary because you will want to spend all your time outdoors! Would love to come back, for longer next time.
roebuck01 01/11/2016 UK
- Myself, my husband and 2 young children stayed with Susanna and Francesco for a week at the end of August. We stayed in Sughera villa which is (I think) the largest villa/room there. In a nutshell, Poggio alla Rocca is incredible and easily the most beautiful place we've ever stayed. The infinity pool is breathtaking with amazing views - you really do feel like you're on top of the world. Our daughters were in the pool constantly and we had the whole pool area with numerous loungers and shaded areas pretty much to ourselves for the majority of the time there. The whole complex is decorated and furnished to a very high, contemporary standard with great attention to detail. Our villa was perfect for our needs with a small kitchen and sleek modern bathroom. Our girls didn't sleep in the bunk beds as the top bunk lacked a safety rail - not that it was missing but that the design simply didn't incorporate one. Instead they slept on the pull out sofa bed which they loved. Our hosts were very friendly and helpful but discrete and conscious of our privacy. We drank gorgeous free wine from their vineyard and Susanna filled our water bottles from the well each day. We also arrived late after a long journey and she very kindly helped us out with a snack before we went for dinner. Things to be aware of: you definitely need a car and we had great difficulty finding the complex. Susanna came and lead us in from Pari on our first day! It's up a very steep narrow gravel path - not for the faint hearted but you soon get used to it. Also take some insect repellant - we did and we still got munched. Big horseflies and lots of mosquitoes. Entirely to be expected in a fabulous remote place like this but it's best to be prepared. We also had quite a few creepy crawlies in our villa. All harmless but again, be aware that it's in a rural and natural setting. Finally make sure you stock up on supplies as the nearest half decent supermarket is a 20 minute drive away. We absolutely loved staying with Susanna and Francesco. The complex is fantastic - a real hidden gem.
Toosh 06/112015 UK
- We stayed at the apartment (Sughera) in early may. When you arrive you are amazed by the view and are still amazed up until the point that you leave. The apartment had a lovely rustic feel, but had modern fitting, furniture etc. also had everything you need for cooking. The pool and common areas very spotless and with so many places within the beautiful gardens, you would never really notice the other guests if all were full. The hosts were very welcoming and a pleasure to chat too. The local town Pari is very picturesque, and only 30 minutes walk or 5 minutes drive. The best views in Tuscany and should be on your list.
Hannes 03/07/2016 Denmark
- We stayed at Poggio alla Rocca for few days this summer. The place is simply beautiful and relaxing, few kilometres away from the charming town of Pari. The owners are very helpful and and do everything they can to make you feel at home. Wonderful holiday in Tuscany
Alekmil 08/08/2016 UK
- We had a very nice time with our 3 kids at Poggio alla Rocca. The view is outstanding, the pool great and the village of Pari has a delicious small restaurant at the first floor. Our hosts were very friendly and accommodating. I can especially recommend the apartments Ginestra and Corbezollo.
Nathalie 08/08/2016 Germany
- great view from our veranda and from the swimming pool - modern bathroom - very sympathetic and attentive hosts - just a few apartments so the atmosphere is very familiar
Boris 23/09/2016 USA
- This is a stunning place to stay, relax and enjoy Tuscany. The hosts are a lovely, friendly couple always on hand to offer coffee, ice cream or offer advice. The views are incredible. The rooms authentic and cosy. Would absolutely recommend.
Wayne 25/10/2016 UK
- It's hard to describe Poggio alla Rocca with the usually used adjectives for a hotel because you don't feel like being in a hotel, you feel like you stay with friends. The hosts don't consider themselves as hoteliers, they just want to have a great time with their guests and enjoy meeting new people. Thats what makes this place so wonderfully unique. Its not just the impressive view over Toscany with a perfect pool and tuscany style appartements (and not to forget the endless access to the fantastic red wine produced by the hosts ;P). Its more then that - it's a magical place with a wonderful atmosphere which you have to experience!
Raoul 27/10/2016 Germay
- De locatie is prachtig. De accommodatie was perfect ingericht en het zwembad was heerlijk. Wel een beetje afgelegen.
Marijke2880 Bornem, Belgium Left on Aug 17, 2015 for a stay in Aug 2015
- My family and I stayed at Francesco and Susanna's amazing Poggio alla Rocca for 8 days this summer. We had high expectations after having read all the great reviews of the place, and we can only say that reality beat the expectations. Poggio alla Rocca is located on a hill top with an astonishing view over the Tuscan landscape. The place in itself is kept to high standards, indoors as well as outdoors, and the pool area, with it's infinity pool, beats everything of what we've experienced after 10 years at various agristurismos across Tuscany. What made the stay even more special was how Francesco and Susanna ensures that their guests enjoy their stay. Every morning they come ask you if you'd like a cappuccino or espresso and bring it to your terrasse or the pool along with home made cookies. In the afternoon they serve ice cream to their guests. They help you with recommendations on restaurants and places to visit. And not to forget, they offer free wine... They're simply the perfect hosts! We highly recommend Poggio alla Rocca to everyone who wants to experience the real Tuscany.
Kjetil76 01/08/2016 Norway